One of Coach's most requested talks is to challenge the audience to list the traits of a "Winner" but they all must start with the letter "C". He asks them to finish this sentence: A winner has ______ or a winner is ______. With some time and a little coaching, the list starts to evolve. This happens to be the titles of the chapters in the book:
Chapter 1: COMMUNICATOR
Chapter 2: COMPETITOR
Chapter 3: CONFIDENCE
Chapter 4: COURAGEOUS
Chapter 5: CONSISTENT
Chapter 6: CHARACTER
Chapter 7: COMPASSIONATE
Chapter 8: COMMITTED
Chapter 9: COLORFUL
Extra: BRAD's CHICKEN STEW RECIPE
1. Our defensive tackle was so poor, he had to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken to lick other people's fingers.
2. Bill Curry never noticed the mistletoe hanging from the back fringe of my coat as I left his office after he fired me.
3. I had our defense more confused than a baby in a topless bar.
4. When the Dad asked me why his son wasn't in the starting lineup, I asked him: "Which part of 'He can't play dead in a cowboy movie' do you not understand?"
5. I asked the recruit who had made 4 on the ACT test: "Do you have an ID?" He replied: "About what?" I knew there was no chance we were going to lose this one to Harvard.
6. Holding what's left of your right eyeball in your hand, would constitute an emergency in most families. Not to Daddy. We had to drive 6 miles back home from the dairy barn to put the milk up before going to the hospital.
7. Emotion goes out the window on the opening kickoff when a player gets blind-sided with a "slobber-knocker" that knocks snot bubbles out of his nose the size of golf balls.
8. Children have not changed. Parents have changed. Kids still want 3 things from us: our love; our time; and our discipline.
9. Wayne and Ricky got caught throwing rotten eggs on Halloween. Wayne started running from our police chief. Ricky was so slow, if he had raced a pregnant woman, he would have finished third.
10. To me, there is not ENOUGH emphasis put on winning. If I am about to go under the knife for open heart surgery, I want a cardiologist who also HATES to LOSE!
Go to coachbradfinancial.com for assistance with all phases of retirement including Social Security planning and income planning strategies.